Monday, June 20, 2011

West Virginia - May 2011






So this past may was crazy busy for me. Seems to be the norm as of lately. We moved the shop to our new location, which went as smooth as possible. Then after somewhat settling in I went to North Carolina to visit my friend Heather and enjoy some mountain air. I'm always up for an adventure and adventure we found. The nantahala river was our playground for over two hours and 8 miles through 55 degree water. Amazing ! If I lived near there that would be another hobby for me. Then we also went antiquing and to the flea market. Interesting to say the least. Also included was the Arboretum which was simply beautiful. All of these photos were taken with just my phone. I'm an idiot for not carrying my SLR with me on these perfect days. Before I said my goodbyes I made an addition to my friends tattoos and extended it down her arm. I'm sure she'll send me some good pics once its all healed. Below are some of the pics from N.C.

So after a few days in Asheville I headed up to Dallas Pike, West Virginia to visit my father and step mother. I spent about a week there and enjoyed chilling in his tattoo shop and simply just bullshitting with the general public up there. He's got a sweet location with a nice storefront in a little downtown area. His health hasn't been the greatest so I'm glad to have been there. Same goes for my step mother. She's a trooper, after suffering from back to back strokes she still manages to keep her chin up and head straight. Also on this little journey I visited with my grandmother and cousin who I haven't seen in several years. Again it was a much needed visit and one I'm glad I made. Then I said my goodbyes....drove for 17 and 1/2 hours. The following week we had our grand opening and art show at for RedLetter1. I also moved into a new place only a bike ride away from the shop. Really happy with the shop and my new living space. Then a week or so later I headed up to Toronto to work the NIX 2011 show. Great show as always. Enjoyed my visit, the people, the tattoos I made, the weather, and the city as usual. Thank you for the opportunity as usual.